Safe, Reliable, and Legal Fuel Tank Systems
The Transfer Flow Promise
- Industry Leading Craftsmanship and Service Since 1983
- Safe, Legal, Reliable Products for Every Adventure
- Prompt, Courteous, Expert Assistance
- 6 Year Unlimited Mile Warranty
- 24/7 Technical Support
THE TRANSFER FLOW STORY
Transfer Flow Fuel Tank Systems
Transfer Flow has been manufacturing aftermarket and OEM fuel tank systems at our Chico, California manufacturing facility since 1983. Former General Motors engineer Bill Gaines founded Transfer Flow as a fuel tank supplier for motorhome manufacturers. Transfer Flow quickly grew and expanded into the automotive aftermarket and mobility industries. As demand grew, the company built a 35,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in 1994. Six years later, Transfer Flow built a 20,000-square-foot building on an adjacent three-acre parcel, and in 2008, a 15,000-square-foot warehouse was added. Transfer Flow is expanding outside of California with the opening of a 35,000-square-foot distribution warehouse in Algood, Tennessee, in 2023. Transfer Flow is 2nd-generation owned and employs a growing team of 90+ employees. We continue to invest in new state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our mission is to support our customers, community, and country by engineering and manufacturing superior quality "Made in the USA" fuel systems and vehicle accessories.
Transfer Flow's aftermarket fuel tanks are for every need, including in-bed auxiliary tanks, DOT-legal refueling tanks, and high-capacity replacement tanks. In addition, Transfer Flow supplies retrofit filler neck kits to work truck body manufacturers.
In-bed auxiliary Fuel tanks
Transfer Flow's in-bed auxiliary fuel tank systems fit full-size diesel trucks and are available in 40, 50, 75, and 100-gallons. The fuel tanks are manufactured from 14-gauge high-yield U.S. aluminized steel and are baffled for extra strength and reduced fuel slosh. If you need extra fuel capacity plus storage space, Transfer Flow offers auxiliary fuel tank and tool box combos as well. Our 40-gallon fuel tank and tool box combo sits nearly flush with most pickup truck bed rails and won't interfere with most standard fifth-wheel hitches. The versatile 70-gallon model sits on the bed rails and adjusts to the depth of the pickup bed.
If you need to refuel your vehicle or equipment out in the field, Transfer Flow offers a line of refueling tank systems. Our refueling tank systems come in 40, 50, 82, 100, and 109-gallons. We also manufacture a 50/50 split refueling tank to hold 50 gallons of two different fuel types in one in-bed unit. They're DOT-legal to carry and dispense gasoline, diesel, ethanol, methanol, and kerosene and are manufactured from 12-gauge aluminized steel for superior strength and rust resistance. Each tank has a 12-volt GPI® fuel pump, 12 ft. hose with nozzle, fuel cap, wiring harness with cab-mounted power switch, and mounting hardware. Transfer Flow also offers refueling tanks for diesel applications only. These tanks are available in 50 and 80-gallons and come with mounting hardware.
Larger Replacement Fuel Tanks
Transfer Flow's high-capacity replacement fuel tank systems eliminate fuel stops by increasing a truck's driving range with more fuel capacity. The larger fuel tanks are made from 12-gauge U.S. aluminized steel and fit in the same space as the smaller stock fuel tank. Each tank has straps, mounting hardware, and internal baffles to reduce fuel sloshing. In addition to replacement fuel tanks for diesel vehicles, Transfer Flow introduced the first 50-state legal larger replacement fuel tank system for the Ford F-150 gasoline pickup in 2020. In 2022, a larger replacement fuel tank was introduced for Ford F-250/F-350 gasoline Super Duties.
Retrofit Filler Neck Kits
Transfer Flow offers various OEM-quality retrofit filler neck kits for Ford, Ram, GM/Chevy pickups, and cab chassis. Whether your application is a pickup box delete, a pickup converted to a utility body, or a cab chassis work truck, we’ve got you covered you. All filler neck kits are engineered and designed for specific vehicles to ensure a perfect fit.
OUR EVOLUTION AT A GLANCE
- 1983Bill Gaines, along with his wife, Jeanne, establishes Transfer Flow in Chico, CA with 5 employees
- 1993New equipment: Plasma cutter (Komatsu Cybermation) and Hydraulic Press Break (Accupress)
- 1994Construction of new 35,000 sq. ft. Transfer Flow facility to keep up with booming business
- 1997TransferFlow.com goes online!
- 1998Releases TRAX-UFS™, the first patented computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 1998Granted DOT Special Permits for our refueling tanks
- 2000Automated wash station and powder coat system installed
- 2000Breaking ground for second building, 20,000 sq. ft. to accommodate growing operations
- 2003Transfer Flow celebrates 20th Anniversary!
- 2003First of four welding robots installed
- 2005Releases TRAX-II™, the second patented computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 200575-Gallon Express-UFS™ fuel system introduced
- 2005Fuel tap kits introduced
- 2007Lisa Johnson and Laurie LaPant, daughters of founder Bill Gaines, become 2nd generation owners
- 2013First Cincinnati Laser Cutting system installed
- 2013Transfer Flow celebrated 30 years in business!
- 2015Releases TRAX 4™, the latest computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 2016Transfer Flow is named California Small Business of the Year
- 2017Cincinnati Fiber Optic Laser installed for more efficient production quantity and quality
- 201835th Anniversary!
- 2019Two Bystronic press brakes installed
- 2020TRAX 4™ operating system released
- 2021Bystronic Fiber Laser with stacker installed
- 20225th robotic welder installed
- 2023Product warehouse opened in Algood, TN, Transfer Flow’s 40th Anniversary