How to Replace In-Line Fuel Filter
- Replacement In-Line Fuel Filter (070-FL-33617)
- 7mm socket or wrench
- Rag or paper towel
- Remove the cover box on top of the auxiliary tank.
- Unplug the module and set aside.
- Using a 7mm socket, loosen the two hose clamps on either side of the in-line fuel filter and slide it away from the clamped section.
- Place a rag or paper towel under the filter to soak up any fuel that spills out during removal.
- Pull top line off the filter, then pull the filter out of the bottom line.
- Unwrap the replacement in-line fuel filter (070-FL-33617) and identify correct placement with arrow pointing toward the pump.
- Insert the new filter into the bottom hose, then attach the top hose.
- Slide the two hose clamps toward the in-line fuel filter.
- Tighten both clamps down onto the hoses using the 7mm socket.
- Wipe up any fuel that may have dripped onto the auxiliary tank.
- Reconnect the module to the wiring harness.
- Run the system to verify there are no leaks.
The in-line fuel filter on Transfer Flow in-bed auxiliary tanks should be replaced every 12 months in normal driving conditions. For 'Severe Duty' driving conditions, the fuel filter should be replaced every four months. See TRAX 3™ Owner's Manual for more details.
If you have any questions regarding replacing your in-line fuel filter, please call our Technical Support team at (530) 893-5209 x 2 or toll-free at (800) 442-0056 x 2.